Monday, February 7, 2011

Bible Quotes On House Warming

[Playing VO] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling





4ème de couverture:
When a letter arrives for unhappy but ordinary Harry Potter, a decade-old secret is revealed to him that apparently he’s the last to know. His parents were wizards, killed by a Dark Lord’s curse when Harry was just a baby, and which he somehow survived. Escaping his hideous Muggle guardians for Hogwarts, a wizarding school brimming with ghosts and enchantments, Harry stumbles upon a sinister adventure when he finds a three-headed dog guarding a room on the third floor. Then he hears of a missing stone with astonishing powers which could be valuable, dangerous, or both.

Oui je sais , j'ai déjà chronicled this book in French HERE but after hesitating a moment I thought I share my impressions could encourage other readers to read in VO.

For some time I want to read in English to improve my level. I started with "The Tales of Beedle the Bard " and it is natural that I continue with the first volume of the adventures of the most famous wizard. I also admit having a crush on the beautiful cover of the edition for adult Bloomsbury.

The beginning was a bit difficult for me, I'm not used to read in both English and some vocabulary words bothered me. In addition, we must admit that the passage in which Harry is unaware that he is a wizard is the most boring of the saga.
I also had difficulty in understanding Hagrid, has a rather special way of speaking, which, however, is not transcribed in French.

I started to get into the story and have fun when Harry meets the Weasleys and more specifically the twins: D With others, they are some of my favorite characters, each of their appearance makes me die laughing. English and more!

After Harry returned to Hogwarts, my reading rate has accelerated . I only read maybe not Shakespeare's language as fast as that of Molière, but I devoured the rest of the book. Obviously I did not understand all the vocabulary words but I know the story by heart, it does me not much bothered.

This first volume is less but I like reading it in VO I much appreciated. Read it in English it's magic! Just closed, I wanted to read Volume 2 yet and I already know the whole story! This book really made me want to read in English and I recommend it to all those like me who want to get started and improve their level!
I confess to being proud of myself have managed to read a whole novel in English and I will no longer hesitate to buy books because VO plus they are cheaper!

Citations:
Harry Told The Other Two about Snape's sudden, sinister desire to Be a Quidditch referee.
-Don 't play, "Said Hermione at once. Say you're ill-
'Said Ron.
-Pretend to break your leg, Hermione Suggested. Really
-break your leg, 'Said Ron


Harry: So light a fire!
Hermione: Yes ... of course ... There's no purpose wood! Ron
: HAVE YOU GONE MAD! ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment