Sunday, January 23, 2011

Colonial Short Term Disability Pregnancy

The Lord of the Rings, Volume 1: The Fellowship of the Ring by JRR Tolkien

4th cover:
In the green meadows of the Shire, the Hobbits, and semi-humans lived in peace ...
until the fateful day when one of them during his travels, came into possession of the One Ring with immense powers. To recover, Sauron, the dark lord, will unleash all the forces of evil ... Frodo, the Ring-bearer, Gandalf, the magician, and their intrepid companions will they succeed to remove the threat to Middle-earth?

I tried to read the SDA a few years ago, I found tedious to read the prologue and I gave up. I do not give a reading, especially if it's a classic. So when LC was organized, I immediately registered.

The Ring of Power, once lost, is found in the hands of a hobbit of the Shire: Frodo Baggins. It is a heavy burden that falls on him. Accompanied by three other hobbits, he fled the county to reach Rivendell. The servants of evil are pursuing them and their lives are in danger ...

This time, I managed to complete and I'm pretty proud of myself!
The prologue seemed boring to me again but I continued reading my story and I was finally hooked.

I struggled to visualize the scene of the action because the landscape descriptions are detailed and numerous. While these descriptions, I'm bored and I even won some, however, amazed me. Rivendell is a place where I would like to live and rest, got scared and Moria Lothlorien rather amazed me. Tolkien has a vivid imagination and poetic.

Even though I saw the movie first, certain events have managed to surprise me. I did not think the major part of the novel takes place before the formation of the Fellowship of the Ring. The character of Tom Bombadil puzzled me, I still do not understand who he is.

The characters are very interesting. The hobbits are the most lovable of all, perhaps because their daily we described at the beginning. Sam's devotion to Frodo particularly moved me. The other characters are more mysterious, less is known things about their past, their lives ...
By cons, all their genealogy and history of their people told us. I have not liked these passages, I'm not holding and mixing the different names.
Gollum is a very interesting character, his past is captivating. His eyes observe the community during their journey we freezes the blood.
We would be joined by a small group, through forests and mountains, meet fantastic creatures, see legendary venues despite the threat of Sauron.

The narrative is interspersed with songs and poems, some in languages unknown to us.
Despite my misgivings, I found the reading enjoyable. It reads easily, and the pages turn quickly. Tolkien has created a fascinating world filled with fantastical creatures and magical places. I also appreciated the maps and illustrations in my edition, it helped me visualize some scenes.

admit it hard to talk about it because I enjoyed this novel. It fully deserves its status as masterpiece. Once the last page is turned, I felt like throwing myself on the result!

Citations:

And who breaks something to find out what it has left the path of wisdom.


All that is gold does not shine,
All those who wander are not lost,
The old that is strong does point decays. The
deep roots are not reached by frost.
From the ashes a fire awake.
Shadows, a light spring;
Renewed shall be the sword that was broken, without
The crown will again be king.

Participants at the LC: Taliesin, Jana , Pommette , Ptitelfe , Snow, SophieJL, Azariel87 , Wolf, Setsuka , nanet , spots , mypianocanta , Lou ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment